Sunday, December 28, 2014

Long Day On The Road

We started driving at 9am central time and it's now 8pm mountian time so we have been driving for 12 hours today. 

 

Driving during the day through Arkansas and Oklahoma was really breath taking. I've never been anywhere where I could see for what seemed like forever in every direction. 


Oklahoma was nice but very very long. There wasn't much to see but farms. Although I did get to see my first wind turbine in person, those things are big and were EVERYWHERE!!


We also drove all the way threw the panhandle of Texas. 


And I expected nothing less then everything being bigger in Texas and I was surly not disappointed



The next most amazing thing was for me, I can only remember one other time that dad and I were driving west into the sunset together, the night we flew to Maryland to get my car and were driving it back to Pittsburgh. Dad has told that story to a lot of people about how it was such a great night for him and how much he loved that sight of us driving together into the sunset. Well tonight that was the feeling I got driving with him to make my dreams come true and getting to watch the sunset and driving toward it together. It was one of the most beautiful sights and sunsets I have ever watched. 


We made it to New Mexico...




And we are gonna try and make it to Albuquerque tonight to sleep and hopefully will make it to Las Vegas by a earlyish time tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment